16 June 2010

Corn Fritter

1 of my favourite brekie. I don't eat breakfast much,,it s very rare 2 find me havin' breakfast,,,So again 1 of my favourite brekie~     =D

At my hometown, Indonesia,,it was called perkedel jagung. Surprisingly I found Australian havin' same shit for brekie. It s not so hard 2 make tho,,,I try 2 make it for the very 1st time this mornin' N it turned out not so bad..  =p





Ingredients:
1 cup self rasing flour
1/2 cup butter-milk
2 eggs
420gr corn kernels, drained
300gr creamed corn
1/4 cup finely chopped chives
olive oil or cooking spray for greasing
                            **1cup = 250gr
bacon rasher
avocado
vine-riped cherry tomato

Method:
1. Sift flour, season w salt N pepper
2. Whisk butter-milk N egg in a bowl
    Slowly fold in flour, corn kernels, creamed corn N chives
    (Do NOT overmix!!)
3. Heat oil in pan w moderate flame, add a spoon of the mix, use spoon to shape it
4. Cook for 2 mins or till' bubbles appear on d surface. Turn and cook for further 2 mins till' fritter firm 2 touch.

Point 2 consider when cookin': keep an eye!!
how well d corn-fritter cooked depend on: thickness of cornfritter, flame, cookin' duration, N d mixture
Thick cornfritter lower fire, longer time N d other-hand ,,,
Its more likely like cookin' an egg both side, get spoon 2 check before flip it over~

No comments:

Post a Comment